Super Bowl Sunday is right around the corner. February 6th to be exact. Green Bay Packers versus Pittsburgh Steelers. My last blog post was dedicated to my godmother. It’s only natural I dedicate this post to my godfather. The Pittsburgh Steelers are my godfather’s favorite sports team of all time. He’s a fanatic. His still regularly wears his Steelers hat I gave him for Christmas twenty years ago. I’ll be rooting for your team, Joe, and thinking of you this Super Bowl Sunday. If you’re not into football or don’t care for Super Bowl, these easy, entertaining appetizers are great for any occasion.
WONTONS: You might be able to find gluten-free wonton wrappers at a natural health food store or online but if you can’t, you can make your own. Here is a simple recipe for Gluten-Free Homemade Wontons. Happy Super Bowl!
- 8 wonton wrappers (gluten-free recipe above)
- ½ avocado, finely chopped (about 2 ounces)
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Gently press wonton wrappers into muffin cups. Bake for 7 minutes or until lightly golden.
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, tomatoes, chives, lemon juice and salt and mix well. To assemble cups, spoon in about 1 teaspoon of mixture. Serve immediately. Enjoy!